FAQ / The Benefits of Leather
Why choose leather?
- Leather offers a much longer life than furniture upholstered in fabric. The top grain leather pieces we carry have an average life of 15 to 20 years versus an estimated 3 to 5 years for a sofa covered in fabric.
- If you or anyone in your family has allergies, leather allows you to breathe easier because it releases allergens that fabrics can hold.
- Lasting beauty. Unlike that Waverly print or checkered pattern, a leather sofa never goes out of style. Change up your throw pillows every few years for a fresh look that's distinctly you.
- Pet and kid friendly. The beauty of a genuine leather piece becomes more apparent over time. Whether it's an aniline that shows creases and subtle markings through the years or a protected leather that can withstand daily abuse, leather is uniquely durable and beautiful.
- Comfort. True leather is not hot or uncomfortable. It breathes and changes over time, softening and becoming more a part of your home. We will work with you to select a leather that will welcome you home for many years to come.
- Versatility. Whether you seek a contemporary or old world feel, Leather and More can find a leather that gives you unparalleled style and practical
Our 8-way hand-tied process is the hallmark of fine upholstery. This process stabilizes the coil springs and causes the entire spring set to work in unison.
All frames are solid hardwoods. Not plywood or partical board. Frame joints are double-doweled, glued, and screwed for lasting strength.
Our standard cushion is Spring Down. This consists of a Marshall unit core made of coil springs, each individually pocketed. The Marshall unit is surrounded by a foam box completely wrapped in a thick layer of comfort bond fiber. The wrapped core is filled in a cover which has sewn channels that are filled with down.